Classroom-based iPad Workshops
This popular model of professional development sees students and teachers learning alongside each other, in the context of the classroom programme.
Each workshop typically takes place in an hour and a half block and delivered in the classroom/learning communities with the students and teacher/s. A kit of 20 iPads is provided by the eTime facilitator containing the apps required for the session. The focus for the session is discussed prior and tailored to meet the specific needs of the teachers and students.
Popular areas of focus have included:
- Digital storytelling - using iMovie, incorporating a selection of other exciting apps
- Animation - using Stop Motion and Green Screening
- Presentation Tools - using a selection of apps that enable students to present their learning in a range of dynamic formats
- Capturing the Learning - using apps that best capture student voice, reflection and understanding of concepts (great option if utilising digital portfolios)
- Google Apps on the iPad - using the Google Suite and integrating with other iPad Apps (eg Explain Everything)
- Ultranet Integration - sharing student creations via Ultranet Mobile 2
- Coding and Game Creation
A full day programme (ie 3 classroom-based workshops) also includes an after-school workshop for teachers (whole staff or team) at no extra charge and a lunchtime drop-in session to address any questions.
Within Canterbury, upon arrangement with school
Upon arrangement with school
9am - 3pm
$750 + GST per day with the option of having a facilitated staff meeting immediately after this at no extra cost
Travel and accommodation costs (if required) are additional
iPads not required
eTime provides a kit of 20 iPads containing all of the necessary apps for the day
Primary or intermediate schools who are currently using or considering using iPads